ICTUS / Clemens Gadenstätter
With a lyre in his hand, Nero sings of Rome as it burns. Although this scene probably never happened, it still shapes the perception of the historical figure who is just as famous and notorious in the present day.
In this pre-study of ‘Nerone’ – a staged work Gadenstätter has been preparing since 2016 – the exploration of a hyper-lyre consisting of various long metal ropes is a central element.
This installation to be activated by musicians will work in counterpoint to Jakob Scheid’s ‘Monochords’ and meticulously composed fragments of Gadenstätter’s work.
- Music: Clemens Gadenstätter
- Text: Lisa Spalt
- Sound installation: Gert Aertsen
- Autonomous sound-producing device: Jakob Scheid
- Recorder, voice: Eva Reiter
- Speaker: Anne Bennent
- Electric guitar: Tom Pauwels
- Keyboard: Jean-Luc Fafchamps
- Sound: Bart Aga
- Light: Caspar Langhoff